Fun, 4th of July Center Pieces

3:31 PM

 For today's day two project, I have here some 4th of July Summer center pieces for you all. They are very fun to make, and perfect for all ages. These make inexpensive gifts for 4th of July parties, and nice details for friends and relatives!
 Let's get started! Here's some materials you might need:
-American Flags (You can find these just about anywhere for a dollar.)
-small metal buckets (I bought mine from Target, but Michael's sells them as well.)
-Red, White, and Blue Tissue paper
-Wooden dowels
-Ribbon or Yarn
-Red, White, and Blue markers
-Glittery Pom poms
-Pipe Cleaners
-Foam paper or Sturdy Construction paper
-Glitter glue or Glitter paper
-A pair of Scissors
-Hot Glue & Glue gun

 Step One: Scrunch your Tissue Paper and place it in the buckets so they appear fluffy. 
If you have some baked goods,  candy, or gift you want to give, place it in the middle of the tissue paper now. If you want to simply use as a centerpiece, then add a second sheet of Tissue Paper, and fluff. 
 Step Two: Fold your flags as you would a paper fan, to give the flags a wind blown feel. 
 Step Three: Twist your red, white, and blue pipe cleaners. I find wrapping them around my index finger gives me the best result and twirl size. Once twisted, place in the bucket and disperse evenly. I added three to each bucket, but the more you add the more flare your center piece will have!
 Step Four: Cut your colored foam sheets or construction paper into stars of different sizes. Layer them and glue them onto the wooden dowels. 
 Step Five: There is no right or wrong way to decorate your stars. I like to keep each one I do different from the next, so each is unique. Add some Fire-works blue glueing sparkly pom poms. 
Once you're all done go ahead and stick your stars into the buckets as well. 
Step Six: Wrap your ribbon or yarn (in my case I used burlap ribbon) around your buckets and tie into a delicate bow. You can even add a darling photograph of a loved one or a special memory for gifting purposes. 
You're all set! I hope this tutorial inspires you. 
Keep crafting. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts